Sunday, May 16, 2010

Shinra's parts

It's time for some night time ramblings. Most of my posts are at night, that's the best time for writing! When you are on the edge of REM sleep. The chilly bite of winter has come (it's been here since last Wednesday, after an ash cloud enveloped sydney lol. It was more like an ash haze, just a little bit of controlled backburning from the ridge south west of sydney. I have been reading 4chan threads (oh no, there goes the remnants of innocence) and found a really interesting one on /b/ which outlined a bunch of cool stuff. Things such as particle physics, how to make a hobo stove, hotwire a car, reprogram a traffic signal, etc. One of the image tutorials had on it instructions for correct sleeping. Of course everyone is different in this aspect but some common things exist. For example most people sleep during the night duh. Well the point is that mammals tend to nap in the middle of the day. I appreciate knowing these kinds of things in order to get in touch with my more primal self, who knows how to climb trees and exactly why fear exists. I have been sleeping very well the past few days on this regime of a siesta before the main sleep. I have been waking up more alert, staying in a sort of optimal mood for longer into the night etc.

Of course sleep deprivation can work wonders on your creative ability but it occasionally comes with a price if you are living a standard working life (which I am not! However I do keep myself busy so mentally they are similar, minus some chemistry from the benefits of exercise). I need all the stability I can get right now to experience a feeling that shall have to pass as my anchor into old age. I always think about this type of thing, I am prematurely old without the wisdom (tautology?).

I am now a 4k on KGS and I absolutely destroyed a 3k the other day. Lucky me that that happened or else I would have gone on thinking that such high kyus are indestructible.

I am playing FFVII again. The storyline came back to me in full force and I even started thinking about earth energy and the effects of the lifestream on Cloud. Then I drifted into the realms of amnesia, mostly because the story is so difficult to follow in the first place. Cloud's flashbacks are so patchy and some scenes are mixed together to the point where he doubts his own childhood. It's a curious character trait and I wish to be able to emulate the idea behind it in my own characters (even though for now I have detracted from the story involving such a similar form of life force and extrapolated to something considerably different and from my perspective original, which I'm not going to spew out onto the interwebs today THANKYOU!). I want to be able to use it in a more realistic context. The visuals are attractive all on their own.

more w/o priority tired now

No comments:

Post a Comment