Monday, March 15, 2010

casual magic

I am cutting back on coffee and hoping that I can get back to a normal sleeping pattern. Currently I'm waking up at around 10 each day because I go to sleep at 2 or later (a step away from what I want, I used to go to sleep at around 1:30). It can't continue. I need to get a job and a life.

I woke up today at 7:38 and felt decently awake. That would have ended in disaster if I had actually gotten up. I am too light sensitive at that time and it affects me to the point that by 12 I'm falling asleep again. Instead I went back to sleep and had a great action dream, with casual magic :)

Last week I met an old-timer, although he doesn't look or even feel it. He's 60 (I guess it's not that old considering the age of my own parents) and so active. He bike rides bicycle a lot and golfs. He and his wife, (Ken & Judie, I hope I remember their names correctly) have been everywhere traveling. When I went over there yesterday they showed me all these pictures from India, China and Vietnam (along with various other S-E asian countries). Their house is full of books, it's incredible. Most of the rooms are difficult to walk into because of all the the normal stuff that has been displaced by books onto the floor. It was great to meet them. I'm going over there on Friday to play chess with Ken and teach him go.

No comments:

Post a Comment