Saturday, March 13, 2010

Kevin's 50th

Yesterday Kevin, my mum's partner, turned 50. It was an awesome party with good music. For the first time I found myself sitting around with all the same people for the entire night. Usually at parties I do what nobody else has the guts to and properly socialize. I also usually get a bunch of weird looks, like I'm intruding.
My brother's friends, it's hard to tell whether they're a bad influence or he is. They were the bad kids at school but no longer part of the outcast regiments. I told them that I drink now occasionally. Cameron's face lit up. He said 'You have to come to my next party!' He holds them at his house and I take it a lot of people turn up at various stages of the night and get mightily hammered. Werll... I probably will. I hope I can find somewhere to fit in.

I'm reading a book, "Virus" by Sarah Lanagan. It's really deeply scary. She puts a lot of effort into her characters and they each have realistic quirks that are, for me, a little bit confronting. They are psychological quirks from people who would be psychopaths if it weren't for their inhibitors and social upbringing. The supernatural element has only just begun. I'm going to enjoy reviewing this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment