Wednesday, January 13, 2010

home again

You know that visualization stuff really works. The lack of callouses on my left fingers vs my newfound proficiency in the violin is living proof. Without much practice I felt mightily competent as I was playing with my Aunt in Toukley this Tues and Wed 12-13/1. I was even able to read the music much better (I think partly because I did not need to concentrate on my hands).

I love these little trips, I did have to explain some silly religious standpoint to my aunt who is some form of christian. I don't think she cares and neither do I. But the highlight must have been going to the beach. The waves were pretty terrible, I thought it was a little funny the people who stood out there waiting for a wave. It must be their form of zen meditation, because no good wave was forthcoming. I still recognized what the waves were doing, they came in two or three at a time and closer to the beach where the small ones were breaking was the best place to be. Just as they broke the bigger wave behind it would catch up and gave me a little burst ride. I also found the spot where the waves converged and made a whole lot of turbulence.

Anyway, I'm back to reality - the long holidays and my book ideas. I have had some fantastic dreams recently, many elements are thanks to Spore. That game is absolutely visionary.

I'm waiting to catch up with Stef's parents, who are visiting from Germany. I think I may need a crash course in sign language. I think we could start off the night that I see them by playing charades so I can get a feel for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment