Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Creative ENERGIES

I am weirdly in touch with my creative side today. I've drawn a few random stuff, written a small amount that's very good - sometimes the very bad books are the very best guides to writing. Saga of The Seven Suns v1 is hard to read, it's slow and very loosely connected at all times, it feels like there is no goal at the end, only a very non-imminent conflict on the horizon. However the style is so generously insightful. It makes no great leap from Anderson's brain to the page and that's comforting and familiar and transparent and all the good things for studying the creative process. So I'm enjoying it a lot and hope it gets better, I have a long way to go to the finale.

I watched District 9 for the second time last night. It's a grim and pessimistic take on humanity. That's the main message I read from the movie. The MC's fight to survive and personal development are touching, but I'm sure anyone can watch it and read about such things on any other review.

We also rented Bladerunner. Well, I did. We looked carefully for it. This is a scary trend. I've been recommended to watch both these movies by the same person and I loved both and I really want to talk to him. It's weird though. We don't see eachother on equal terms, there's a distinct age difference. Maybe I'm being premature and foolish. I don't want to wait until mid March to see him again. If he's reading this, and I know you know who you are :P call me. I'm really understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment