Monday, February 1, 2010

Primordial soup, yum

I've been watching tv from 7:30pm non-stop d'oh. Before that I was able to beat a 2k in go (4 handicap stones to me). So maybe I've recovered a little in the time that I've spent online today but I'm still suffering the effects of playing soccer on Sunday with Dad & the guys. Time passes by very quickly when your legs feel like jelly and it's a physical barrier you have to push through to stand up. So I don't, I just sit there and wait for the muted ads to finish. I jarred my ankle for an instant during the game. I stopped the ball from leaving the goal area in the process of doing so, but now there's a very strange and difficult to stretch region down the back of my calf that I am really worried will strain if I do anything too laborious.

I have been listening to a lot of classical music recently, Beethoven in particular. I want Mozart! I need the basis of mathematical musical structure before I can listen to this complicated stuff!!! I'm strongly considering borrowing the Harpsichord cd from the library so I don't have to deal with the changes in volume too while I'm learning how to understand all this stuff!

Last night was so strange, ever since I have played spore I've been longing for tribal nights, primordial screams and a starry night sky... that game gets into your head. It's so exciting to feel that there is so much stuff still yet to learn, instead of the strict doctrine that your own reasoning develops independently of your choosing. So I picked up the maths texts on Spherical trigonometry just to have something new and exciting.

I love reading Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. The book is undoubtedly a masterpiece, the language proves it so. And the content is amazing. Part is like reading a flexible thought process like a discussion with oneself on high-brow stuff whereas the other (greater) part is the storyline, and gradually you begin to see how absolutely inseparable the two are. Like a logic borne of passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment