Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Immortality of the Undead

For the first time today I felt like I was truly on holidays again. It's weird this sense of nostalgia, I suspect it's associated with picking up Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire again. The language has an old quality to it from a time when I used to pay attention to the words in books. I never finished the book before to be honest, I held reservations against Lestat. I still think he is a fool, in a lighthearted way because he doesn't practice what he preaches else he would never have come back for Louis and Claudia. I could not previously understand the deep workings of Louis' mind either. Neither could he of course.

Moreover, right now, I'm simply vulnerable. The subtle interplay between Louis and Armand is sparking dormant areas of my brain that probably shut down in self defense. I wish I had someone to share this night with.

No comments:

Post a Comment