Sunday, December 20, 2009

Present trip!

I went shopping today for christmas presents, late isn't it. A couple of failures for some people like my mother. They didn't have the type of hand-cream she asked me to get for her. Now I have to think of something new.

I have dark chocolates, which I know she'll love, and a book called "Confessions of a Shopaholic" maybe you've heard of it? I also have to cater something to Stef, dad's gf. So alternately I could give the book to her. It has a feeling about it, as if anyone that reads it will be instantaneously more enlightened by the preoccupations of other relatively normal people. Forgive me for being underhanded in my motives; I think it could do either of them a world of good.

The deciding factor shall be whether I can find a digital tv settopbox as a joint present for Dad and Stef. Otherwise I will again be screwed, having nothing for Dad and I already feel like I've used up my allowance of books as presents. I would love to get someone stationery as a gift, but alas the only person that would work on is me. I hope Bronte understands that enough this year to get me some damn stationery!

I also saw a great looking umbrella in Morning Glory, which I will have to go back for. It wasn't a fold up one either, a proper umbrella if a little flimsy with the wires.

I also went to Basement Books. Oh WOW. That place has it all. I don't really mean that, but they have so much at decent prices! It's like every single item they have is worth an entire selection from any other chain bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment